Koyla, Mumbai’s first rooftop restaurant, spread over 19,000 square feet and overlooking the ocean is our way of taking you back in time where royalty would feast on rich delicacies slowly prepared over burning coal embers. The name Koyla is our tribute to this now rare style of cooking.
At koyla we offer you an environment which we hope will create a distinctive dining experience while you explore the finest traditional northwestern cuisine. The low seating is to create an atmosphere of Indian dining. We also offer a variety of flavors of Sheesha, so that your experience is authentic.
With specially selected traditional northwestern favorites cooked in the right blend of species and minimal oil we hope to recreate the magic of age old delicacies for you. The kitchen has an interactive open kitchen where the guests can observe the chefs work their still on the tan door to create the dishes being ordered.
With wafting aromatic Indian species and rustic ambience, join us at Koyla with a fare fit for Kings.
True to its name Koyla, which means coal, serves food cooked only on coal by chefs from the Garhwal region. The food at Koyla is patiently cooked over charcoal, which exudes the aroma of cinnamon and cloves, a hint of garlic and a whisper of saffron.
A quintessentially rustic ambience, the whiff of tandoori fare, the flavours of the hookahs, the soothing sound of water fountains and refreshing breeze from the sea gives Koyla a truly exotic and inimitable touch.
Koyla – ethnic cuisine ® touts some very attractive assets.
Our clientele are very loyal. With strong repeat business. It might be said that our customers show the same dedication to us that we show to being “Simply the Best”.
We will consider franchise investors for territories (a country or region) and individual stores for the first five franchised stores.
The territory is exclusively designated to one franchisee and must be maintained under their control and cannot be sub-franchised to a third party.
We currently have no franchised cafes and both the existing outlets are owned by the company, Infinity Hotels pvt ltd.
We realize that success in these areas depends on being aware of local customs, tastes and traditions.
For example, each territory has its favorite origin cuisine, eating habits, coffee, and tea and brewing methods with specific quality requirements.
Success also depends on strict adherence to our franchise concept and quality commitment.
Frequently asked Questions
1. Do you franchise individual stores?
Yes, we do franchise individual stores. Franchise for individual outlets is available only till the first five individual franchised outlets.
2. Do you offer financing for franchising?
No. However, if the company feels that it can be a partner in the franchised outlet it will be to a maximum of 25% of the total investment.
3. What kind of profits do the stores show?
Profitability depends on the market in which you operate. You are advised to conduct your own feasibility study along with our team to determine this.
4. If I cannot franchise, but I know of a potential site, will I be compensated by Koyla – ethnic cuisine ® for the information?
While we are always interested in hearing about potential sites for new stores, you will not be compensated for your find.
5. What would be the division of responsibilities between the Franchisee and the Franchiser?
As a franchiser we would provide you with everything from the name, recipes, strategies, training, senior kitchen staff, management checks, operational and management software, central marketing, guidelines on selection of real estate, cost control measures, homemade sauces, ingredients, spices. As a franchisee, the investment, local survey and marketing, a good marketing budget, understanding the brand, co operation and dedication, adherence to our franchise agreement, management agreement, working capital up to 1 million rupees, accommodation for staff, setting up an individual bakery/confectionary kitchen and plan of expansion, are your responsibilities.
6. After the location is finalized, how many months would it take to set it up?
Once the location is finalized by our team, it would take not more than 5 months to start business, provided there is no shortage or delay of funds and franchisee fee.
7. What is the average footfall in each cafe? How much is the cash flow in each?
The average football in both the outlets in Mumbai is 280 each day. The cash flow cannot be revealed at this stage.
8. Please advice the clear financial responsibilities that I would have, the Franchisee fee, Local Marketing, Licenses etc. Please specify the average rate of return on the investment as well. To set up the restaurant and the bakery/confectionary you will have to guarantee an investment of nothing less than 6.5 million rupees (sixty five lacks). This does not include the property security deposits and license fees and other travelling expenses that you will have to bear. On addition to this you will have to pay the company the franchise and management fee and also guarantee a working capital of 1 million (ten lacks only). On our further discussion we will transmit a feasibility plan along with projected sales figures and profitability. The average rate of return on investment is approx. 30%.
9. What all licenses would I need to take?
Firstly you need to make sure that the property you identify for us to freeze upon must be a certified commercial one. The property we suggest should be on lease if not self owned property. A basic terms and conditions sheet will be mailed to you from our end to assist you to negotiate in order get the best deal possible. You will require a no objection certificate from the owner in order to acquire the required licenses for running a restaurant. To list a few of them: a) no objection letter from the local fire department b) eating house license.
KOYLA- ETHNIC CUISINE
Kamal Mansion, N.A. Azmi road,
Paramount, Opp.Fame Adlabs, B-47 New Link Road,
Andheri (W), Oshiwara, Mumbai-400061.
KOYLA SANGOLDA GOA
Brassville, Chogm Road, near Sangolda Church,
Sangolda, Barrossvoda-Goa. Goa - 403521